Welcome to the first edition of “Things I’m loving right now”! These were all items I constantly found myself reaching for, or wishing for during the month. It’s a mix of food, beauty products, fitness items, and even a music video/song! Okay so let’s get started!!
1. Beanitos. I’m not a huge chip person–but I was walking through the organic store I buy most of my gluten free/vegan goodies and saw these BLACK BEAN CHIPS and was instantly intrigued. They are gluten free, vegan, non gmo, free of corn, msg, trans fat, high in fiber, and a source of protein–the list goes on, so I decided to give them a try. I bought the chipotle BBQ flavoured chips and they’re a perfect mix of sweet, smokey, and a little spicy. I love these, and guess what…hubby does too! Double bonus!
2. Banana Holder. Okay so this isn’t actually food, but it holds one of my most favourite foods on the planet–BANANAS! I bought this cute little holder because I often throw bananas into my gym back and then end up with well, bruised and smashed fruit and that just isn’t appetizing. So now I can pop a banana into one of these holders and not have to worry if my banana is a)jammed in a sweaty sneaker or worse b)turning into pudding inside of the peel. 😀
3. Body Beast. I am currently in my third week of this Beach Body program and I LOVE it. It’s geared toward men who want to “GET HUGE” but let’s get real here for a minute, anything a man can do I can do better. Okay so not quite, but unless it involves anatomy I don’t have, why should I NOT be able to try a program simply because it’s marketed toward men? So girls, before you dismiss this as something that is only going to work for men, I challenge you to give it a try. I think men wanting to gain significant muscle can benefit from this style of workout, but I also think girls–like myself–can also get great results. This weight lifting program comes with a schedule and easy to follow workouts…note easy to follow, not easy. If you are finding them easy, you’re either not doing them right or not lifting heavy enough. Sagi is hilarious, explains everything so well, and is incredibly easy on the eyes (ie. GORGEOUS…shhh..), that’s triple motivation right there ladies…so pick up those weights and get squatting, lifting, and sweating yourself to a more muscular you!
4. Tennis Balls. Oddly enough, I have not been using these bright yellow balls in the sport for which they are intended. I have been using these tiny little demons to roll along my IT Band. They have been helping me immensely…did I mention they hurt like hell? I can’t always use a foam roller, and this is when they come in. Apparently they’re excellent for rolling on the bottom of the feet…I may try that.
5. Vega Pre-Workout Energizer. I don’t even know where to start with this amazing product. I have been lagging in my energy as of late and this has been heaven sent. I don’t use this every day, but on days when I plan to do an intense workout (especially in the morning’s prior to eating) I take it and the results are mind blowing. After only 15-20 minutes I feel alert, stronger, and ready to take on any exercise. Taste and texture, well…it’s rather gritty, and tastes like kool-aid but it gets the job done so who’s complaining?
6. Curls Unleashed Curl boosting Jelly. I have been wearing my hair in twist outs lately (several product reviews to come soon), and this product has been working small miracles in helping my hair hold a style. I love big hair, but if I am going to go through the trouble of flat twisting my hair i’d like it to at least hold up to whatever the day has to throw at it. So far, i’ve used this jelly every time i’ve washed my hair for over a month…that’s a huge accomplishment because I yo-yo with products.
7. Bright Lipstick. I have been loving Purple and bright pink as of late. I enjoy playing up my eyes, but sometimes i’ll get in those moods where I only wear mascara and rock a bright lipstick every day. Allergy season has my eyes all watery, puffy, and red so I decided to play up my next favourite feature…my lips! What is your favourite colour? Are you a bright lipstick or a nude lipstick kind of girl?
8. Chipotle Hummus. Can you guess now which recipe is going to make it’s way to my blog this week? I seriously have eaten an insane amount of spicy hummus over the past 3 weeks. I love it with carrots, cucumber, peppers, and honestly…with a spoon. *swoon*
9. Kanye Workout Plan. Last, but not least…this song has been with me for almost every plank during the 30 day 5 minute plank challenge. It’s terrible…since fitness should be about making YOU happy and not about finding a rich husband, but come on now…it’s funny, and catchy. Don’t pretend like you’re not enjoying it right now…
Well that concludes this edition of things I’m currently loving. I hope you enjoyed them, and maybe even try out a few. It’s off to bed for me…I have a busy day ahead of me.
Take care everyone.