Good evening everyone!
If you remember in my last post, I was headed to Miami–we didn’t lose the bride, came back with all of our limbs, and suffered only a few jellyfish bites so I’d say successful trip indeed! Jokes aside, it was a fantastic trip. I came back with an AH-Mazing tan, got to spend some quality time with some of my best girlfriends, AND swam in the ocean! *sigh* Is it time to go back yet?
If you read my last post, you’d remember that I have some pretty bad procrastination issues. I was better than usual this time, but I still didn’t paint my nails until the last possible minute, but instead of stressing over it, I decided to just paint them in Miami and get the extra 45 minutes of sleep. Turns out, I couldn’t sleep, so I should have just painted them, but anyway.
Our Hotel was gorgeous! We had an amazing suite, with lots of room, 2 bathrooms, lots of closet space, 2 balconies, and of course a fridge for my fruit…and champagne!
We were only in Miami for 3 1/2 days but it was definitely long enough. I loved the heat, even if it was humid at times, but I needed to sleep SO BADLY by the time I returned. 3 days of very little sleep, unlimited champagne, and go go go–there is a reason we only do these big trips once a year. That being said, it’s still a great time to spend together, to bond, let your hair down, and just relax after a full year of work and life stress.
Look at these beauties. Each brings her own unique personality and va-va-voom to the group, and I wouldn’t trade any of them for the world. Oh and yes, Blondie and I are wearing the same skirt. Apparently she called dibs on the outfit to travel in, but I didn’t realize it and wore mine too. Oopsies. Or maybe I did, and just felt like copying, you’ll never know. Muahhhahahah.
A few random things about Miami i’d like to mention:
1. In the 15 minutes it took us to walk to the nearest Walgreens i had gotten a sexy (NOT!!) tan on the part of my tummy between my crop top and skirt. It took me a full day of lying by the pool to get rid of it.
2. We went on a boat cruise and everyone jumped off the side of the boat. I’m a terrible swimmer, and not really the “jumping off the side of a boat” kind of girl BUTTTT I did it. I was scared to death, but I did it and i’m so proud of myself. I know, I know, 5 year olds can do that Regena. Well it was a big deal for me, because I have never done it and if it hadn’t been for the 6 girls in the water, I wouldn’t have.
3. I was only in the water for about 30 minutes after I jumped in. People started getting stung by jellyfish and I am NOT about that life. Ain’t nobody peeing on my leg thank you very much. After I got back on the boat, I looked over the side and there were TONS of the biggest jelly fish I’d ever seen lurking by the side of the boat waiting to sting unsuspecting swimmers.
4. Don’t leave on a search to find chocolate 10 minutes before you’re about to board, and then take 25 minutes. Or the airline will threaten to give away your seats and you’ll nearly give your friends a heart attack. Oops.
5. Planking is an amazing way to pass the time. Seriously, several of my friends and I decided we should “plank” around the hotel. It was pretty hilarious by the end we were just lying straight out on the floor too tired to stand up, but it made for some great photos!
Prior to Miami, I was a little worried about finding enough food, but I found a ton of smoothie and juice bars, and most places were more than happy to accommodate me and let me ‘build’ my own salad. 🙂
Oh and um. How fabulous is this Drag Queen.
Finally, although we all packed all of our stuff in carry on sized suitcases, there were still tons of different pairs of high heels floating around, tons of dress sharing and swapping happening, and of course the typical “I don’t know what to wear tonight” uttered at least 20 times an evening. Not going to lie, but we are an attractive group of girls. Does that sound vain? Yeah I guess it does, but we eat well, work hard, and shoot hunny, if I want to shake my booty a little when I walk because I feel cute tonight, then I think i’ve earned that right. Okay? Okay. I kid I kid, but I assure you, my friends are all crazy stylish and the outfits never fail to impress.
I hope to get back to Miami with my husband sometime in the not too distant future, but I have a feeling the trip will be a little different than this bachelorette trip. 🙂 I hope you enjoyed this post, and honestly, there really isn’t a lot to write. We partied, we took cat naps, drank a ton of water ha! you thought I was going to say champagne again didn’t you? We sunbathed, did a little shopping, and just chilled. We tend to have random adventures when we’re all together, and this trip was no exception. One of my favourite random things that happened was blondie and I performing a synchronized swimming routine while singing My heart will go on! It’s a very long story, but the short version is that although I could not swim as a child I always wanted to be a synchronized swimmer so she decided to help make my dream a reality. It didn’t go well. I didn’t want to get my hair wet in the pool that day but yeah, I got soaked. haha.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post, as much as I enjoyed writing it. Have a wonderful week everyone!