Good Evening beautiful friends,
Welcome back to my blog! I can’t believe I’ve managed to finish all of my chores for today BEFORE 7:30. I think this calls for a celebration! Don’t worry, nothing too crazy, but I am going to reward my scheduling success with Netflix and a bubble bath. I have an amazing chocolate shake recipe at the end of this post for you! I won’t be offended if you skip to the end, BUT perhaps you should check it out anyway. See for yourself.
Before I get into the smoothie recipe I
quickly slowly and wordily want to list some of the things i’m hoping to complete/achieve, or to at least begin, in the coming weeks.
1. A healthy balanced approach to eating. I eat quite healthy most of the time, however, as of late i’ve become obsessive about ‘clean’ foods, have started feeling guilty for indulging BUT the more that i’ve wanted to eat ‘clean’, the more i’ve indulged and I don’t like it. It’s part of why I’ve opted to take a more relaxed ‘If It Fits Your Macros’ approach. I still plan to eat nutrient dense foods most of the time, BUT for those treats that I do indulge in, I want them to be guilt free. I no longer want to think of foods as ‘clean’ or ‘dirty’. I know the importance of fruits, veggies, carbs, protein, healthy fats, etc in my diet and I will ensure I get those first, but if I want to have 1/2 cup of coconut milk ice cream in the evening and I have those macros left, then I shall. I won’t be consuming artificial sweeteners, chemicals I cannot pronounce, etc. but I will be having treats and that is OKAY!
2. More Yoga. The goal is to start this week with 2 days per week, 30 minutes and to increase the days to 3 and maybe even 4 per week.
3. Work my way through the “30 while 30” list. First up, perfect that handstand, practice my french, AND read Game of Thrones.
4. Sleep more! I don’t sleep enough. I know that. My husband knows that. My body knows that. No more eating well, working out, but not recovering.
5. Post 2 recipes per week to the blog. I am starting with a chocolate shake recipe below!
6. Daily meditation. I have been trying to do 5-10 minutes before bed at night, but my body wants me to sleep the moment my eyes close.
7. Start training BETTER. Not harder per say, not even more, just smarter. I love the way my body has been changing with weight training, I will be pushing it over the next 60 days BUT making sure to listen to it and always rest when needed.
8. MENTAL/EMOTIONAL Balance. What can I say, I have a million lists, with a million thing to do…sometimes I just need to learn to walk away, do something fun, and let it go. I will work on my stress levels for sure. This will also tie into the yoga, meditation, etc.
9. Spend more quality time with hubby AND make him fancier meals. I have gotten into the habit of throwing food together but not putting a lot of thought into it because i’m busy. Well no more! I mean, hubby, if you’re reading this, don’t expect homemade pie every day or anything, but I will definitely put in more of an effort.
10. Get in more quality ME time. Not writing lists, not worry about work, nothing. Just me, a book/tv/walk letting go and relaxing.
11. Reading personal development books. First on the list are: (feel free to pick one up and join me!)
-Be That Girl by Tina O’connor
-Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy
-Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
-How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
12. TRY NEW THINGS. Not even sure exactly what this means yet, but I will figure it out this month and I will try new things.
13. Finally, I want to become more organized. Yep, definitely need this. My desk drawers are completely full, of what, I have no idea–but they are full and that is a problem.
And without further ado, here is the recipe!
Creamy Chocolate Black Bean Protein Shake
(vegan, gluten free, soy free)
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup organic black beans
1/4 cup oats
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
3 dates, pitted
1.5 tbsp raw cacao
2 tbsp cacao nibs
Scoop protein powder (I used Vega Sport performance Vanilla)
6-8 ice cubes (depending on size)
Add all of the ingredients to blender in order they’re written. Blend REALLY well. Enjoy!