Good Evening Beautiful Friends,
I am thankful for all of the healthy food I have readily available to me. If I want berries, I can have berries. My organic grocer has 10 varieties of greens on any given day, and I can find dates, nuts, seeds, basically anything a vegan girl needs to live a happy, healthy, well fed life. I am also grateful that I can afford these things.
Tonight I want to dive into my ’30 while 30 list’. I am moving full steam ahead to reach my target, but that means a few of my items will be slightly altered. Here are the first 8 things. Some are COMPLETELY finished, others are a work in progress, and a few others haven’t even been started yet. Let’s make this happen.
- Perform a fully unassisted handstand. (No wall, just me, lifting myself straight into the air.)
- Join a book club As I wrote this blog post, I realized I still hadn’t joined a book club. For some strange reason i’ve been nervous about doing it, and so just now I stopped in the middle of posting and JOINED A BOOK CLUB. My first one is in a few weeks. I’m actually really excited. Question: Why did the Romanian stop reading for the night?
Answer: To give his Bucharest. Oh how I love a cheesy pun.
- Complete a 1,000 piece puzzle.( I realize this doesn’t sound like a ridiculously difficult feat, but I assure you for me, it is. ) Okay so here’s the plan, i’m going to make a 750 piece puzzle. Why is that extra 250 pieces so hard? No clue, but it is. BESIDES, at Christmas, I started making a 1,000 piece puzzle with my dad and i’d say we got at least 250 pieces in. Actually now that I think about it, I may stick to 500 pieces. Nope, 750 I can do this. I am going to pick one up and make it on my dining room table. (It will motivate me to finish it quicker)
- Volunteer. (This could be at a women’s shelter, soup kitchen, animal shelter, etc. ) I am going to choose a particular cause later this week to volunteer for. I was thinking about an animal shelter, but my allergies may not allow that. I will look around the city and update you with what I find.
Complete 5 Pull Ups.Initially when I wrote this, I meant chin ups and so I am now able to do 5 chin ups. However, since I’ve written pull ups, I am TRYING to get to 5 of those but it’s much harded unassisted. I am confident that I can do it! I am going to order a pull up bar online to practice at home.
- Try a new recipe each month from different Countries around the world. I’ve actually been doing this pretty consistently, but without even meaning to. I love trying new dishes and so i’ve been experimenting with vegan versions of some favourites from around the world. Later this week i’ll post about the recipes i’ve tried so far AND the final 2 that I will make.
- Learn to play the guitar. (At the very least take lessons). Uh oh. I used to work with a guy who was going to teach me how to play and we never got around to it. My new goal is to set up lessons for the new year. I know, it’s not the same as taking them before my birthday BUT it’s a decent compromise.
- Start a gratitude diary and write down something i’m thankful for each day. Each day has to be a different thing i’m thankful for. I started a gratitude journal and for several months I was really consistent, then I missed a day, and then another. Before I knew it, I had missed an entire month, and then two. It’s not that i’m not thankful, I just stopped taking the time to write it down. I recently started writing in my journal again and i’ve been updating my blog each day with some of the things i’m thankful for. I am thankful in some form or other daily, but stopping for the 5 minutes it takes to write in my journal forces me to really appreciate something special in my life.
Well, i’ve finished my list, my eyes are blood shot and swollen, my head is throbbing, and I have the sniffles. I can’t tell if it’s allergies or Andrew has shared his flu with me, I guess i’ll have to see how this plays out. Lots of Vitamin C, echinacea, zinc, and oregano oil for this girl.
Sleep well friends.